Apply for help to pay rent or council tax

From July 2018 most working age people will no longer be able to claim housing benefit. 

For working age claimants, Universal Credit will replace:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Working & Child Tax Credit
  • Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
  • Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
  • Income Support

Universal Credit is administered by the Department of Works & Pensions. You can claim Universal Credit by either completing the online application form or attending your local job centre.

You will have to make a separate claim for help with your council tax. You can do this by completing this enquiry form. Please make sure that you give us your name and phone number and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you are a pensioner you should make a claim for housing benefit with this council. Please telephone 01255 686811 to find out more or, if you prefer, complete an enquiry form.

Last updated on: 20/04/2023 - 12:59